National Junior Honor Society is an organization that recognizes its members for their outstanding performance in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship.Membership in the North Park Middle School Chapter of NJHS is both an honor and a responsibility. Members are selected by their demonstration of superior qualities in the areas of scholarship (at least a 90.0% average for 5 consecutive marking periods), service, leadership and character.
As a selected member in good standing, you are expected to continue to demonstrate, develop, and strengthen these qualities through your participation in chapter service projects, activities, and meetings.
What are the rights & responsibilities of NJHS Members?
To receive recognition from the school & community.
- To a fair hearing, by the Faculty Committee, before action may be taken against your membership.
- Maintain a 90.0% average per marking period.
- To attend regular & special meetings.
- To participate in NJHS fundraising & special projects.
- To actively demonstrate & develop qualities of leadership, service and character.
- Complete 10 hours of community service.
- Documented service log.
- Signed by adult in charge.
- 5 Service hours required before December 15th
- Membership fee of $5.