Summer Reading Program
The Lockport City School District created a Summer Reading Program to help you maintain and strengthen literacy skills. You are encouraged to read any age-appropriate books of your own choice for personal enjoyment and reflection.
WHAT IS THE SUMMER READING PROGRAM?
- It’s free to all students entering grades K-12.
- Grades K-6 are encouraged to take part in the Lockport Public Library Program. Please visit the public library to receive your registration packet.
- Grades 7-12 are encouraged to take part in the Lockport City School District program. Students are eligible to earn up to 5 extra points on their 1st quarter English grade.
- You can read any age-appropriate book (fiction or non-fiction) of your choice.
- You may not use books that you have read before.
- You must complete a project OR an essay for each book.
- You must meet with an evaluator in July or August.
Evaluators will be at the Lockport Public Library in the Meeting Room. You must meet with an evaluator and have a book discussion before any points can be assigned. You will be evaluated on your knowledge of the book, your results will be logged and you will receive a receipt upon your successful completion.