Lockport City School District Tobacco Policy Summary
The Lockport City School District recognizes that the use of tobacco products is a health, safety, and environmental hazard for students, employees, visitors, and school facilities. Tobacco use is the single leading cause of preventable death and disease in our state and nation. Lockport City School District has a comprehensive Tobacco Policy.
The tobacco use policy remains in effect for all students, staff, and visitors.
- Tobacco Use is Prohibited on school property by Any Person at Any Time.
- Tobacco Use is Prohibited at ALL SCHOOL EVENTS, even OFF SCHOOL PROPERTY.
- Tobacco Possession is not allowed by any students on school grounds, at school sponsored functions, and on school buses at all times.
- Tobacco Use is Prohibited by students at bus stops.
- Dress Code: students are not allowed to wear clothing which promotes any tobacco product or tobacco logos.
- Tobacco Advertising is also prohibited in all school-sponsored publications and at all school sponsored events.
- Tobacco Violations and enforcement will be in accordance with the district code of conduct.
Tobacco is defined to include any lighted or unlighted cigarette, cigar, cigarillo, pipe, bidi, clove cigarette, and any other smoking product, and spit tobacco (smokeless, dip, chew and/or snuff) in any form. School grounds means any building, structure, and surrounding outdoor grounds used, owned or leased by the Lockport City School District and includes all vehicles used to transport students or school personnel.
The Lockport City School District recognizes that it has an obligation to promote positive role models in schools and promote a healthy learning and working environment, free from unwanted smoke, for the students, employees, and visitors to the school campus. For more tobacco information or assistance with tobacco cessation visit the school health office.