Expectations of Athletes
Rule of Three (Order of Student-Athlete's Priorities)
- Cross Country
Everything Else (work/ friends/ hobbies/ etc.)
Eligibility for the Team
- Passing 4 Courses and Physical Education for the 4th Quarter
- Attendance is 90%
- MUST Pass a Physical given by the school's doctors (UB Sports Medicine)
- Read and Sign Code of Conduct with your parent (then turn in)
Eligibility for Practice and Races
- Attendance to school for at least 5 periods (If you are sick and go home- stay home)
- Attend school on Friday to run/practice on Friday and Saturday
- Must participate in physical education class to participate after school in cross country
- Conduct yourself as a model student-athlete, exhibiting good sportsmanship at all times, and as a person of good moral character and integrity on the course and off
- Be on time (ready to run at the time posted)
- Follow directions at all times (this is for your safety)
- Always put your best effort forward in everything we do
- If you are missing practice or a meet, for any reason, the coaching staff should be notified from you or a parent (documentation may be required).
- Notifying coaches before an absence is imperative-- failure to do so could result in sitting out of competition(s).
General Practice Routine
Practice times in general are Monday-Friday 3:15-5:15pm and Saturday 9-11am.
- Assemble- Directions for the day's practice
- Warm-up (if necessary)
- Strides if planned
- Stretch and Strength Training
- Debrief and Dismiss
- Athletes must ride the bus to all meets with the team
- Any exceptions must be cleared with written permission from the Athletic Director prior to the competition day
- If you would like to ride home with a parent you must have them sign you out with a coach
- Please do not do this while other races are taking place/starting- it is a distraction for the coaching staff.
- Athletes may only leave with their parent (not a friend/friend's parent)