Phone, Text, and Email Notification
NOTIFICATION SIGNUP: Sometimes it's necessary for the District to contact parents, students, or staff with an important message. From weather-related announcements or schedule changes to warnings of extreme emergencies or crisis situations, the Lockport City School District relies on the Blackboard Connect Notification System to contact thousands of parents, students, staff and community members securely within minutes.
In order to provide the best possible communication between our district and parents, students, and staff, we request that you update your phone number and email address in our student information system.
Sign up to get the latest LCSD news by phone, text or email below! When you register, you'll get:
- The latest news and information from the Lockport City School District and our schools.
- Important notifications like emergency alerts, school closures, and early releases.
- You don’t need to register if you are the parent/guardian of a student or a current employee. You're already in the system!
Users can opt out of:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at 855-502-STOP (855-502-7867) using the phone you want to opt out from.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply STOP to any Blackboard system text or to 60680 for non-emergency messages. Reply STOP to 54968 to opt out of emergency messages.
- Emails: Click the unsubscribe link from any email they receive.
Users can opt back into:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at 855-502-STOP (855-502-7867) from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to 60680 from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to 54968 for emergency messages.