Facility Use Requests and Information
The Lockport City School District encourages community use of school facilities when such use is in the public interest, does not conflict with school activities, and is not detrimental to the purpose of schools. Residents, staff members, and community groups can make facility use requests by following the steps below:
STEP 1 REGISTER FOR NEW ACCOUNT: Only needed for first-time use! All facility use requests are completed online. The first step needed to make an online facility use request is to create an ML Schedules user account. Be sure to complete all information fields and then click the submit button. If your registration was successful you will receive an e-mail confirmation.
STEP 2 LOG-IN AND RESERVE SPACE(S): Once your account is created you can log in and start making facility reservations using ML Schedules.
If you run into issues, you can always go to "User Resources" at the top of the ML Schedules page, or contact Karen Schleicher at 478-4840 or firstname.lastname@example.org at the Board of Education.
- Admission fees are not to be charged except when the proceeds are to be expended for educational or charitable purposes, except as provided by law.
- Grounds and buildings must be kept clean, neat and orderly.
- Organization must assume responsibility for keeping order while they are using the facilities.
- All costs resulting from careless use of school property or damage to school property will be assessed against the organization.
- Only the facilities provided in this agreement are to be used. They must be used only at the time(s) designated.
- Federal and State Education Department regulations prohibit the use of tobacco in/on school property at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed at any time in school district buildings or on school grounds.
- No one is ever to be permitted on gym floors for athletic purposes unless he/she wears gym shoes or socks.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, and similar items may not be used inside any school building.
- No one is to sit on the edge of the stage.
- All schedules must be completed and approved by the principal, and no changes are to be made without his/her approval.
- In case of athletic organizations using the building, a complete list of all members (a roster of members which includes their names, addresses and the school district in which they reside) must be filed with the facilities use request.
- Bicycles, wagons, etc. are not to be taken inside a school building.
- No food or drink is allowed in the gymnasium or auditorium.
- In case the person in charge is changed, the organization must report that fact in writing immediately to the Board of Education.
- In case of an accident resulting in injury to any person or damage to any property, it MUST BE REPORTED immediately to the building representative in charge, nurse, or building principal. All reports MUST be in writing.
- In order for a non-school organization to use school property and equipment no less than 51% of the participants (active members) must reside within the Lockport City School District (see rule #12).
- The Board of Education reserves the right to alter or change any or all provisions of this agreement or to cancel it in its entirety at any time providing that notice of such action be given in writing to the organization concerned.
- The Board of Education requires a Certificate of Insurance from the organization and it must have the required insurance coverage(s) as identified in the Facilities Use Agreement Rules and Regulations affixed to this application before this application will be considered.
- Activities involving the use of the kitchen facilities require a kitchen staff employee to be hired during that time. All labor costs will be paid by the organization when billed.
- Groups will be required to enter / exit the school building(s) promptly at the time designated and approved.