The goal of the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) is to create a safe and supportive school climate where students can learn and focus, rather than fear being discriminated against and/or verbally and/or physically harassed. All public elementary and secondary school students have the right to attend school in a safe, welcoming, considerate, and caring environment. You can learn more about New York State’s Dignity for All Students Act here.
To access assistance from the Lockport City School District, please take the following steps:
- Talk to any staff member, including a teacher, DASA Coordinator, or counselor for assistance
- Talk to your parents or guardians
- Talk to the assistant principal or principal
- Decide if you are going to proceed by reporting the incident.
- Contact your child's teacher, DASA Coordinator, or school counselor for assistance
- Contact the assistant principal
- Contact the principal if the problem is not resolved
- Decide if you or your child are going to proceed by reporting the incident.