WELCOME to ENGLISH CLASS!
Classroom Webpage: https://www.lockportschools.org/koch
This year in English…
We will be using NYS Common Core Curriculum to build skills in reading and writing.
- Grading:Your grade in this class is based on a culmination of daily classwork, effort, homework, quizzes, tests, and projects. All of your grades and assignments are accessible through Parent Portal.
- Homework:You will almost never have homework on Fridays, unless you have work to make up for any reason. Most of the homework will be assigned Monday through Thursday. The homework will consist of practicing reading comprehension and writing skills and strategies you are learning in class. Practicing the skills is essential to success and progress.
- Make up work when absent
- Be prepared; bring your folder/binder, paper, and something to write with
- Give your best effort and show your best attitude
- Treat others with respect
- Be on time; class begins right away
- Take Time To Think before you act
- No cell phones or iPods
- Use appropriate behavior and language always
- 1 folder or binder with paper
- Pens, pencils, colored pencils, and markers
- Highlighters (3 colors)
- Journal (composition book or spiral notebook)
Take a few minutes to check out the rest of this page and the different sections of our English classroom website by clicking the links on the left side of the front page.
Scholastic Orders: click Scholastic link on left to find more information about ordering books. Ordering online is fast and easy:
- REGISTER at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
- ENTER the Class Activation Code JVTP7
- CHOOSE from thousands of print titles, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT the order to your child's teacher
- EARN FREE Books for you and the classroom too!