Return to Headlines
Confirmed COVID-19 Case: EB 3/16/2021
The Lockport City School District (LCSD) was notified of one (1) positive COVID-19 case with possible exposure to staff or students. The breakdown is as follows:
- Emmet Belknap Intermediate School...one (1) positive case. The Lockport City School District is fully cooperating with the Department of Health by providing information for contact tracing. The Department of Health will contact any individual whom they believe may have been in close contact with the individual.
Emmet Belknap Intermediate School will operate as scheduled in the full remote model of instruction for all staff and students on Wednesday, March 17, 2021. All staff and students should work remotely. The in-person hybrid model of instruction will operate as scheduled on Thursday, March 18, 2021.
The custodial staff will clean and sanitize identified areas more thoroughly in addition to daily cleaning and sanitizing protocol.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Possible symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you begin to experience any of the above symptoms, please stay home and call your medical provider.
If you are having any of the following symptoms, you should seek immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
Thank you for your understanding and support as we continue to manage the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.