IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911. Be aware that anyone knowingly providing false information will be investigated. If you have information to share, contact a trusted adult.
For matters of safety, information can be phoned or emailed to the Lockport Police Department Confidential Tip Line:
- Phone: (716) 439-6707
- eMail: LPDtipemail@lockportny.gov
Both are monitored and tracked by the Lockport Police Department.
Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
The goal of the Dignity Act is to create a safe and supportive school climate where students can learn and focus, rather than fear being discriminated against and/or verbally and/or physically harassed. All public elementary and secondary school students have the right to attend school in a safe, welcoming, considerate, and caring environment.
Bullying happens when someone hurts or scares another person on purpose and the person being bullied has a hard time defending himself or herself. Usually, bullying happens over and over.
- Punching, shoving, and other acts that hurt people physically
- Spreading bad rumors about people
- Keeping certain people out of a "group"
- Teasing people in a mean way
- Getting certain people to "gang up" on others
Bullying also can happen online or electronically. Cyberbullying is when children or teens bully each other using the Internet, mobile phones or other cyber technology. This can include:
- Sending mean text, email or instant messages
- Posting nasty pictures or messages about others in blogs or on Web sites
- Using someone else's user name to spread rumors or lies about someone
For Students and Parents to get assistance, please take the following steps:
For Students For Parents
- Talk to any staff member, including a teacher, DASA Coordinator or counselor for assistance
- Talk to your parents
- Talk to the assistant principal or principal
- Contact your child's teacher, DASA Coordinator, or school counselor for assistance
- Contact the assistant principal
- Contact the principal if the problem is not resolved
If you would like, you may complete the DASA Incident Report Form. Completed forms should be returned to the appropriate building DASA Coordinator listed below.